Admission & Program Requirements
In order to be considered for enrollment in one of the graduate programs at Grace College, you must fulfill certain requirements. Below is a list of the requirements for the Master of Arts in Ministry Studies program.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least a 2.5 GPA.
- Complete the admissions process.
- You will have the option of returning for the graduation ceremony during May of the second year. All online students are highly encouraged to attend at least one colloquial gathering during their online graduate career.
Step 1: Online Application
Recommended Application Deadlines:
- Fall A Start: July 1
- Fall B Start: September 1
- Spring A Start: December 1
- Spring B Start: February 1
- Summer A Start: April 1
- Summer B Start: June 1
After all parts of your application have been completed and received in our enrollment office, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Complete the online application.Apply Now Online
Step 2: Transcript Request
Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions which you have attended. To do this, please complete the Official Transcript Request Form and fax it to 800-473-2512.Official Transcript Request Form (263 KB)
Step 3: Reference Forms
Please contact the necessary references (these cannot be relatives) and have them complete the applicable reference form below. For your convenience, both an online and PDF version of the reference forms have been provided. If using the PDF reference forms, please email, fax or mail the completed form to:
Email a scanned copy to: email@example.com
Fax: 574-372-5120; Attn: Online Admissions
Mail: Grace College, Attn: Online Admissions, 200 Seminary Dr, Winona Lake, IN 46590
When all of the steps have been completed, you will be advised of the Admissions Committee’s decision. The Admissions Committee may request that you submit additional materials and/or that you interview with a representative of the College.
Upon acceptance, please fill out the credit agreement at this link.
Tuition & Costs
- Per credit hour $370
- Online Course Fee (per class)* $125
*A minimum enrollment is required for each class. If a class does not meet minimum enrollment requirements, Grace College & Seminary reserves the right to cancel the class at the time that it is typically offered.
Email the School of Professional and Online Education or call 800-823-8533.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial Aid Checklist
- Apply and be accepted for admission to Grace College.
- The FAFSA must be completed as soon as possible after January 1st. Grace’s Federal School Code is 001800. June 30th is the deadline.
- File the FAFSA form online (preferred for Indiana residents).
- Documents or clarifying information requested by Grace College’s Office of Student Financial Aid Services must be submitted within 30 days by the student and/or parent. Notify the Student Financial Aid Office if you will be receiving any outside sources of financial aid.
- Upon receiving the Student Aid Notification letter from Grace College, the student must carefully follow all the instructions that are listed.
- Male citizens of the U.S. and male immigrant aliens 18 through 25 years old must be registered with the U.S. Selective Service System to be eligible for federal student loans and grants. Men can register at any post office or register online.
Additional information about student financial aid may be secured by contacting:
Grace College & Seminary
Office of Financial Aid
200 Seminary Drive
Winona Lake, IN 46590
Email the Office of Student Financial Aid or call 800-544-7223, ext. 6162.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many credit hours is the degree? 36 credit hours.
2. How long will it take to complete the degree? The average time that a student takes to complete the degree is 2 years. Students also have the option of taking up to 4 classes in a semester to finish the degree in 1 year.
3. How long does each course last? Each course is only 8 weeks in length.
4. Does Grace College accept Financial Aid? Yes! Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA form. Just log onto www.fafsa.ed.gov . Remember to include Grace College’s school code – 001800. Students are notified of their financial aid award money once they have been accepted into the program. For more information please visit the Financial Aid website.
5. Are students able to receive advanced standing or transfer credit? Yes! Students are able to receive a maximum of 6 hours of advanced standing and/or a maximum of 18 hours of transfer credit. All advanced standing and transfer credit is approved by the admissions committee and cannot exceed a combined total of 18 hours. The courses must be similar to the courses being offered in the Master of Arts in Ministry Studies program. Advanced standing is defined as specific undergraduate course work that may be applied toward the 36 credit hour degree. One example being, a previous New Testament survey course that was completed in a student’s undergraduate studies. A student receiving at least a B- or better in this course may be granted graduate studies credit. Transfer credit is defined as graduate or seminary level coursework that may be applied toward the 36 credit hour degree. A student must achieve at least B- or better in each course that they wish to transfer into the program.
6. Are students encouraged to attend one colloquial gathering? Yes! Twice a year (January and August), Grace College and Grace Theological Seminary host new students on our Winona Lake campus. This is a great time of food, fellowship, and important program related information that is shared with faculty, staff, and students. Students are highly encouraged to attend one gathering during their time in the program.
7. What is it like to take an online course? Online learning is exciting and convenient! Each course may be structured in a little bit different format, but usually students are guided week by week through a particular course. There are clear learning objectives and tasks to complete that are posted each week. Grace College is committed to providing you with an exceptional online learning experience.